Recent Posts

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10
Open Discussions Main LivingRoom / Anyone ever dig into their family history?
« Last post by Bambo on March 03, 2022, 12:50:38 AM »
Well goodness it sounds like you found alot of good stuff out minds :)

I havent ever l00ked into mine but I hear we are all related,so Maybe we all are part of the same big family?

Nice to see ya buddy,thanx for posting!!
Open Discussions Main LivingRoom / Anyone ever dig into their family history?
« Last post by MindsEyes on February 24, 2022, 11:13:55 PM »
Quite a few years back, i started digging into my family history due to medical conditions i had developed at the time, that no one else in my family has. This led to the discovery that my biological grandfather is half black, half white. Located his nephew, at this time he had died. Spoke with the nephew for a few weeks, but in the end, he wouldn't share any information due to his sister. And our conversation ended with, "You won't like this side of the family."

Skip a head a few years and I started doing more research. Over the course of the last 10 years, i've documented quite a bit about my ancestors. Thanks to pre-published genealogy books, I've been able to trace ancestors on both my great grandparents side back to the US Revolution and further.

Both side of the family line come from Crown Loyalists. On my great grandmothers side, she is the descendant of the White family. The White family had a big hand in both the US Revolution as well as helping found what is now New Brunswick Canada.

Due to the death of one of the White family members, it kicked off what is known as the Asgill Affair.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asgill_Affair

After the war, what I've been able to find, roughly 90% of both sides of the family went to Canada. Only a few went back to England.
They settled in and around what is now New Brunswick.

I am still missing a lot of documents for the 4th and some 5th generation of ancestors, between the books, what documents I have from marriage, death, land ownership, wills/probates, it's been a fantastic ride with a lot of bumps and frustration. I still have sooooo much to do, but have been on hiatus. Between work and life, i get burned out with the research.

It's not much, but it's one way i've been able to share what i've found was putting up a site: https://harrisancestry.com/index.php 
My end game is to write a book that connects the ancestors of the war to the modern generations.

General Discussion / I just love this!
« Last post by Bambo on December 15, 2021, 06:38:11 PM »
I just love this!

http://web.archive.org/web/20020106081445/http://media.ebaumsworld.com/kittycatdance.wmv

LOCAL MEDIA PLAYER NEEDED

Look at that kitty go!!

Meow Meow :)
All Windows OS / Re: Windows 11
« Last post by Gherky on October 06, 2021, 09:00:47 PM »
Well it looks as though I won't be trying Windows 11 out after all.

It appears that my machine doesn't have TPM 2.0 and my processor isn't supported. Apart from that it's all good!  ;D

Apparently my machine is already 8 years old so not surprising really

Oh well, on with Windows 10  :)
All About A Joke / 20 Years With My Wife
« Last post by Bambo on August 10, 2021, 07:16:17 AM »
A woman awoke during the night to find that her husband was not in bed.
She put on her robe and went downstairs. He was sitting at the kitchen table with a cup of coffee in front of him. He appeared to be deep in thought, just staring at the wall. She saw him wipe a tear from his eye and take a sip of his coffee.

"What's the matter dear? Why are you down here at this time of night?" she asked.

"Do you remember 20 years ago when we were dating and you were only 16?" he asked.

"Yes I do." she replied.

"Do you remember when your father caught us in the back seat of my car?"

"Yes I remember."

"Do you remember your father when he shoved that shotgun in my face and said, 'Either you marry my daughter or spend twenty years in jail'?"

"Yes I do", she replied. He wiped another tear from his cheek and said, " You know I would have gotten out today." :(
Vacation Getaways & Planning / Has Anyone Managed to............
« Last post by Bambo on July 31, 2021, 09:37:26 PM »
Im sorry your vacation was ruined....

I hope the one in Nov works for ya :)

Absolutely horrible times..........
All Windows OS / Windows 11
« Last post by Bambo on July 31, 2021, 09:36:08 PM »
Im not sure if it runs on that or not still,maybe :)

Good to see ya Minds!!
Vacation Getaways & Planning / Has Anyone Managed to............
« Last post by Gherky on July 31, 2021, 01:41:18 PM »
I am curious, has anyone managed to get abroad on holiday since Covid began?

So far we have had three holidays cancelled, one to Puerto Morales, Mexico, one cruise to the Norwegian Fjords and one to Parga, Greece.

We do have one planned to Fuerteventura, Spain in November so fingers crossed.

So who has managed to get away?
« Last post by Gherky on July 31, 2021, 09:47:46 AM »
Bambo, ah man! gotta move on with the times. lol
Windows is bad, but for different reasons. The whole Java/flash thing, they're outdated. They're too full of security holes. Technology has moved on with better stuff.

Just go Linux and be happy!

As for 11, i'll avoid if as long as  I can. Always knew 10 wasn't the "last" version of windows.

Just a thought that popped into the old grey matter............does Linux run Flash?
« Last post by MindsEyes on July 30, 2021, 01:03:22 AM »
Bambo, ah man! gotta move on with the times. lol
Windows is bad, but for different reasons. The whole Java/flash thing, they're outdated. They're too full of security holes. Technology has moved on with better stuff.

Just go Linux and be happy!

As for 11, i'll avoid if as long as  I can. Always knew 10 wasn't the "last" version of windows. 
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10