Author Topic: Getting my 9 year old to shower  (Read 6747 times)

Offline Mauisun

• Your Gracious Host...
  • Administrator
    • FreedomSmokeUSA
Getting my 9 year old to shower
« on: May 14, 2017, 05:30:39 PM »
Nothing like a stinky little girl after 4 days or so of escaping having water and soap hit her body.

Ugh!!!

Nothing works. Gotta be something to get her to understand daily showering is a huge requirement. Didn't have so bad a problem with her 6 older siblings. She's a special kind of stinky I don't like to shower kiddo.

Ugh!!!
We all live but one life. Let's live it well, laugh, love and enjoy to the fullest...

Offline sh@do

• Administrator
  • De Oppresso Liber
Re: Getting my 9 year old to shower
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2017, 07:04:23 PM »
Had the same problem with my adopted one. Take her to the store and let her pick out her own bodywash, shampoo and conditioner. That worked somewhat for me.
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the
intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -- WOW-- What a Ride!"

Offline Bambo

• Administrator
Getting my 9 year old to shower
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2017, 09:21:31 PM »
I saw a thread on city-data about this type of thing the other day and I was gonna send you a link to it maui if it would be helpful (I saw you only have 2 posts there) ....... I guess the best thing to do is see if she might like taking a bath instead..... Then she can lay in the warm water :)

Im glad you made out OK Sh@do!!

Good luck my friend!!

Offline Nellypoo

Re: Getting my 9 year old to shower
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2017, 10:05:04 PM »
Another option, if you've not tried it already,  would be to make bathtime more fun.  Buy her some new toy, I don't know, maybe a water pistol or something, which she's only allowed to play with in the bath. I never had any trouble with my three, so didn't face this myself.  :)