Open Discussions Areas > Parenting 101

Getting my 9 year old to shower

(1/1)

Mauisun:
Nothing like a stinky little girl after 4 days or so of escaping having water and soap hit her body.

Ugh!!!

Nothing works. Gotta be something to get her to understand daily showering is a huge requirement. Didn't have so bad a problem with her 6 older siblings. She's a special kind of stinky I don't like to shower kiddo.

Ugh!!!

sh@do:
Had the same problem with my adopted one. Take her to the store and let her pick out her own bodywash, shampoo and conditioner. That worked somewhat for me.

Bambo:
I saw a thread on city-data about this type of thing the other day and I was gonna send you a link to it maui if it would be helpful (I saw you only have 2 posts there) ....... I guess the best thing to do is see if she might like taking a bath instead..... Then she can lay in the warm water :)

Im glad you made out OK Sh@do!!

Good luck my friend!!

Nellypoo:
Another option, if you've not tried it already,  would be to make bathtime more fun.  Buy her some new toy, I don't know, maybe a water pistol or something, which she's only allowed to play with in the bath. I never had any trouble with my three, so didn't face this myself.  :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version