Author Topic: OTA DRV  (Read 4567 times)

Offline Desert Sky

OTA DRV
« on: September 18, 2018, 09:04:38 PM »
I cut the cord years ago and have not looked back.  I have Netflix, Hulu, & Amazon Prime streaming.  I download the shows I want to keep with Sonarr.  What I'm missing is a large selection of classic tv ... and I found it!  It's called Antenna TV.  I got an inexpensive antenna and it's wonderful.  The problem is I cannot deal with all the commercials (especially since so many are VERY depressing and repetitive).  My thought is to DVR(?) this channel (or whatever channel) so I can skip past the commercials.

I've been researching this for awhile now, but I'm still not sure what to do.  I need easy as possible & preferably not horribly expensive.  Does anyone know about a good setup that can record OTA to be watched on a Smart TV (which is a stupid name because they really are not very smart)? 

Offline Bambo

• Administrator
OTA DRV
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2018, 09:10:06 PM »
Ya Antenna TV has been around for along time.........

So many stupid commericals though....... 'TV' is nothing but an advertising box!!

Offline Desert Sky

Re: OTA DRV
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2018, 09:12:53 PM »
I never heard of it until we went to the vet recently and it was on in their lobby.  I was thrilled to find out about it.  I used to work for TV Land & Nick@Nite.  I LOVE classic TV!  :D

Offline Bambo

• Administrator
OTA DRV
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2018, 09:18:04 PM »
Wow you worked for them??

That must have been exciting!!! (Yes I like older shows also. Much better than the crap on now)

Offline Desert Sky

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2018, 09:38:07 PM »
I was a Volunteer Community Leader on AOL (my favorite job of every job I've ever held, but I didn't get paid for it lol) for 10 years and TVLand/Nick@Nite were one of the companies I worked for/with.  I left shortly after getting married 15 years ago because AOL started allowing far too much crap in their forums, etc. (because AOL got George magazine to join them and since George allowed bad language in their magazine they said they had to allow it too. I warned all my companies that the general public wouldn't stand for it and that they would end up losing customers. They did.  Almost every forum that changed to the "less friendly" format of bad language and idiots ended up dying, just like I said).

Boy, I miss those days.  A lot.  The "new" Internet is not what it used to be.  These days I just want to yell "get off my lawn" all the time!  hehe

Offline Rickkins

« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2019, 06:46:37 PM »
I download the shows I want to keep with Sonarr. 

Yea, love Sonarr....