All Things Computers And More > Open Discussions2 Tech LivingRoom

What did you last repair??

(1/4) > >>

Bambo:
I just fixed one of my 8 tracks today...... I just got 1 I ordered (In the mail) and the pad was basically gone! (It didnt sound good @ all of course) -- I luckily had a new pad I took from another tape months ago I didnt want that is brand new so I opened the cartridge and put it in... (My first successful 8 track repair!!)

AUTHENTIC 1950s COLLECTION (rock and roll) I didnt want lose it!!

27 songs.....I think they are all 45s (Picture of a jukebox on the cartridge)

Nellypoo:
I fixed our electric shower a couple of month ago.  No water was coming out.  A bit of googling told me it was probably a faulty solenoid.  I bought the part online.  It was only £15, so worth the risk of me being wrong, over having to get someone in to fix or replace it.  Worked like a dream.

More recently, someone stood on my netbook which I had strategically placed on the floor by my chair. The screen was busted.  I went into a local tech shop, who advertised that they didn't charge for the labour, only the price if the screen.  They quoted me £100.  I bought a screen on ebay for £30 and replaced it myself, with the aid of YouTube guide.

Maybe there's some truth in the claims that us Scots are a canny lot.  I seem to be doing alright by it. :)

Bambo:
Doesnt it feel good to be able to fix stuff ourselves??

Good for you Nelly :)

JB:
I just fixed myself a drink. Jack and Coke.

Bambo:
Excellente JB :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version